In honor of Summit finally being available on Vimeo on Demand & VHX, here's a list of reasons why you should buy the film (other than maybe the compelling story or your general interest in indie & horror films):
- My team & I spent over 3 years working on it, during ridiculously long hours, in extreme weather conditions, on no pay, just to bring the film to fruition. That kind of hard work & dedication deserve an audience.
- It was the biggest learning experience for me as a filmmaker, and if you've been following my career thus far and particularly the trials & tribulations of making Summit, you can't miss the final product. If you're an indie filmmaker who hasn't made a feature yet in particular, I think it's a great opportunity to learn from my mistakes.
- It's not all about me; there's a lot of talent all over that screen that I cannot take credit for & deserves attention in its own right.
- Although it's hard for me to avoid only seeing the flaws, it's a project I'm proud of and one I really want to share with you. I don't think it's a bad 80 minutes of your time; and if you do enjoy it, there's some cool special features you can watch with both creative and technical behind the scenes information.
- Not only would you get to finally watch the film I've been talking about for 4 years and support the work of the people whose literal blood, sweat & tears went into making it, but you'd also be helping me earn back the over $6,000 (via credit cards & loans) I personally put into the film; and you'd be supporting the sustainability of indie film as not just art, but an actual profitable career.
Thanks for the support!